My main reason for signing up for this....I have to stop spending on fabric and start saving for other necessities in our home....I have a lot that I would like to do and really have plenty of fabric to keep me very busy for at least 6 months so that I can devote moneys to other adventures!!!
Here are the rules/goals…
- To use the Stash I already have!
- Finish UFOs without distraction by shifting to other new beautiful fabric.....but I will be working on more then one thing at a time from my stash.
- Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric.
- Save the $$$$ I spend on stashing.
- Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use....already done this!!!
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 1, 2014....except for what might be needed to complete already started projects...i.e. My City Sampler will need additional fabrics.
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation July 1, 2014.
3) Create a UFO list and complete them.....this is where I am changing things up a bit....I am also apart of "A Lovely year of Finishes 2014" and will be posting my monthly goals with them....don't know if I will make a 6 month UFO list....I need some freedom of choice.
Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable.
Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too.
Swap Mama Fabric: if hosting a swap you are permitted to by fabric to execute swap duties, but you may not join a swap simply for the sake of being able to buy fabric!
Quilts for Publication: if you are making a quilt for a publication and need certain fabric to execute it correctly then that is a major exception – who can blame you?